This unique and instructive book combines solid information on breeding and foaling, with the author's personal journal of breeding her mare leading to the birth of Magic or, as the title says,
"Making Magic." As the author shares her personal story, the practical information comes to life in a touching and intimate way.
Topics covered include:
- The "why's" of breeding, along with the other important questions all prospective breeders should be asking
- Selection of the right stallion for your mare
- Breeding the mare and related issues
- Care of your mare during pregnancy
- Care of your mare and foal during and after foaling
This unique approach of combining technical advice with the "true life" story of a healthy foal's conception and birth makes for a fascinating read!
Leslie McDonald (right) is a 40-year veteran of the horse industry. She owns and operates Full Cry Farm, a full-service private dressage training facility in Ohio. Leslie has earned the U.S. Dressage Federation's Gold, Silver and Bronze medals. She is also a popular dressage clinician and speaker.
Meredith Weller, DVM, (left) has been a sport horse breeder since 1996, specializing in the development of Holsteiner jumpers at her Meridian Farm in Ohio.